Almost every modern data center has already implemented some type of virtualization technology. Traditionally, one server carried one workload. However, with increasing server computing capacity and virtualization, multiple workloads per physical server are common in cloud architectures. Cloud economics, including server cost, resiliency, scalability, and product lifespan, along with enhancements in cloud security, are promoting migration of workloads across servers, both inside the data-center and across data-centers and even data-centers in different geographic areas.
The modern hypervisor and cloud ecosystem have come a long way. VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, and others are paving the way with enterprise-ready technologies capable of consolidating an infrastructure and helping it grow.
Taking advantage of these cloud-ready platforms will make your data center more agile and more capable of meeting market demands.
- Use virtualization and cloud for business resiliency.
- Virtualization and cloud help you shift data-centre economics.
- Cloud and virtualization give you powerful controls around resources, VMs, and users with Automation
- Always plan around capacity, growth, and business alignment, Current and proposed
- With such a fluid architecture cloud and virtualization requires regular assessment
Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility, and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that’s simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate. Additional benefits include:
- Reduce capital and operating costs.
- Minimize or eliminate downtime.
- Increase IT productivity, efficiency, agility and responsiveness.
- Provision applications and resources faster.
- Enable business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Simplify data center management.
- Build a true Software-Defined Data Center
- Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode
- Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted Desktops and Apps
- Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted Desktop DR
VMware Cloud Management Platform
- vRealize Suite
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Business for Cloud
- vRealize Operations
- vCloud Suite
VMware Networking & Security
VMware Storage & Availability
- Virtual SAN
- Site Recovery Manager
VMware Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Hyper-Converged Software
- Virtual SAN Ready Node
- EVO SDDC
VMware Digital Workspace
- Workspace ONE
- Identity Manager
VMware Desktop and Application Virtualization
- Horizon 7
- Horizon Air
- App Volumes
VMware Enterprise Mobility Management
VMware Endpoint Security