Dell Fluid Architecture
Key updates and enhancements to include:
- Flexible, non-disruptive storage options including flash-optimized solutions that offer flash at the price of disk, enable your data center to grow seamlessly without forklift upgrades.
- Simultaneous iSCSI, Fibre Channel (FC) and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) front-end interconnects
- Controls SAS and FC drive enclosures, including those with write-intensive SLC and read-intensive MLC SSDs
- Scales up to 960 SAS drives in multiple enclosures per dual-controller system and scales-out to many systems across numerous sites, monitored by a single console
- Seamlessly integrates with the FS8600 NAS appliance for fully interoperable block and file storage solutions
- Enhanced performance and density
- Experience the combined benefits of Dell Compellent architecture and a resilient Dell hardware design that offers improved performance and increased memory over previous generation Dell Compellent controllers.
- 2U rack chassis with dual six-core, 2.5GHz (with Turbo) Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 CPUs
- 16GB2 to 64GB2 total available cache per controller, with a maximum 128GB2 per dual controller system (a dual controller configuration is required to support full high-availability and failover capabilities in production environments)
- Six PCIe Gen3-enabled expansion slots to extend I/O capabilities for future growth
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC7 Enterprise) to add hardware and environmental monitoring capabilities to the Storage Center Solution
- Storage Center Operating System 64-bit support for improved scalability and performance
- Intuitive software
Go beyond basic storage and optimize your data with the active, intelligent management capabilities of Storage Center firmware and the Dell Compellent integrated software feature set. Built-in automation, enhanced support for enterprise-class workloads and optimized design for flash-based environments helps improve the provisioning, placement and protection of data throughout its lifecycle.
- Straightforward software upgrades and perpetual software licensing enable consistent, seamless growth.
- Allows the Dell Compellent Storage Center to reach performance levels over 300,000 IOPS3.
- Achieve greater than 100,000 IOPS with sub-millisecond latency when running OLTP workloads4.
- Dynamic Capacity allows thin provisioning of any size virtual volume without consuming physical capacity until data is written to disk.
- Data Instant Replay ensures that once an initial snapshot of a volume is taken, only incremental changes in data need to be captured.
- Data Progression writes active blocks of data to Tier 1 storage while automatically migrating inactive blocks of data to lower-tier storage with high protection.
- Fast Track places data on the appropriate tracks within individual hard drives in the drive enclosures.
- Enterprise Manager simplifies network storage management by providing a single, centralized console for administering multiple local and remote Storage Center SANs.
- Remote Instant Replay provides continuous data protection by replicating only incremental changes in data following initial site synchronization. This method of Thin Replication helps keep hardware expenses in check.
- Live Volume allows moving and sharing storage volumes between two separate systems without disruption.